On behalf of our Client, Scalors is looking for a Senior/ Middle Scala Developer to join our client’s team in Hamburg on a full-time basis.
Our client is a young and fast-growing software development company based in Hamburg, Germany. Founded in 2012, their team became one of the market leaders within fraud prevention in the German-speaking market in a very short period of time. Our client develops and maintains services for the next generation of our fraud prevention software.
- Designing architectural concepts
- Implementing, testing and operating services (mostly in Scala)
- Ensuring successful operation through topics like continuous integration, metrics and logging
- Dealing with challenges in a distributed environment
- Actively taking part in shaping the processes and deciding on the technologies, our team works with
- Become an active, communicative and fun team member of the Integration Hub team. Someone who wants to get involved in actively shaping the future development of the product. The team works independently and owns their services.
- Be responsible for the whole software lifecycle and decide on your own how to implement requirements. Work together with the other service developer teams, our customer integration team and other product stakeholders to shape the product for the next generation of our fraud prevention solution.
- You have strong experience in at least one JVM based language (Scala is a plus) and the related technology stack
- You see the advantages in functional programming and strive to use it in your everyday work (Experience with ZIO is a plus)
- You are familiar with Docker and related technologies (Kubernetes is a plus)
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and the challenges coming with them, such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communication, error handling strategies, potential consistency problems and zero-downtime deployments
- You have hands-on experience with operating and monitoring the software you build
- You are ambitious to take responsibility for your software engineering projects
- You are eager to constantly learn together with the team by doing code reviews, pair programming and feedback sessions
- You have very good English language skills (German is not required but a plus)
- The possibility to take over responsibility and to realise your own ideas – from day one
- Collaborative environment in which everyone works on eye-level
- A team of experts and helpful buddies that allows you to learn something new every day
- Very friendly and open environment
- Flexible remote work guideline with emphasis on team alignment
- Access to an online learning platform
- Free choice between Lenovo ThinkPad T-Series and 16” Apple MacBook, and free choice of IDE
- Public transport & lunch allowance
- Regular workout sessions at no charge (shower in the office)
- Attractive discounts at various partner shops and gyms
- Relocation support: constant contact person, issuing documents, help with public offices, translation support, etc.
- And many more!
Scalors GmbH is a software nearshoring company with a headquarter in Germany and development centre in Kyiv (Ukraine). We recruit and build software teams to work with our clients. We also find IT specialists, for permanent employment in the D.A.CH. region, and we take care of the entire process.