On behalf of our Client, Scalors is looking for a Backend Developer to join our client’s team in Cologne on a full-time basis.
Our client is one of the most innovative companies in its industry, working exclusively with agile processes and the latest technologies. The team is characterized by short decision-making processes and joint suggestions for improvement.
- You design and implement highly available & scalable backend components for our products & services using Java / Spring Boot
- You accompany the product development from the idea to the release to the continuous operation in constant exchange with your product manager or product owner.
- In terms of end-2-end responsibility, testing and deployment are an essential task for you and your team, in addition to development and architecture.
- You are involved in the targeted selection of new technologies in order to raise our entire ecosystem to a new level.
- You enjoy working closely in a cross-functional team with pair programming, code reviews and proactively share your knowledge and experience (e.g. via coding dojos or tech talks to the team)
- You have several years of professional experience in backend development of web-based, scalable systems and applications
- You have profound knowledge in Java, Spring Boot and node.js as well as with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, dynamoDB)
- You have experience in developing and deploying distributed systems and the use of technologies like Docker, Kafka and Terraform is (fundamentally) familiar to you
- Your actions and thinking are influenced by TDD mindset and dealing with integration tests, acceptance tests and load tests come easily to you
- You like to think outside the box and are interested in other topics (e.g. frontend, DevOps, process optimization,...) besides pure backend development/architecture
- Health packages, training and continuing education, employee discount, company pension plan, sports facilities, on-site cafeteria and much more.